Finally, after a grueling long haul, in which we sifted through a staggering 13K photo’s we took in New Zealand, I can claim victory.
10842 pictures survived the cut, totalling 220GB. About 11%, or 1229, were deemed good enough to be showcased in a photobook. 387 panorama’s were created, with roughly 4000 pictures as a basis. These panorama’s are another 41GB big!
In total, 2167 pictures have been manually edited by me in over 9 months time. Auch. No prizes for speed will be awarded there!
You’ve probably heard it from others, migrating from an ISP to another or new subscribers on a blank line tend to go horribly wrong.
Missed deadlines, defective modems, weird connection issues, finger-pointing among the ISP and line-supplier, etc. The horror-stories are well-known and occur too often.
Not for me though, I’ve had the most fluent installation possible.
Scenario: new (blank) analog line, new subscription with third-party supplier. Pretty simple.
I’ve applied for a DSL-subscription a month ago, and got notice from the ISP that the subscription would be ready the 7th of August. Yesterday, the line was supplied and I installed my modem. (5 minutesÂ and 3 cables of work)
It all worked straight out of the box!
And to top it all: the ISP is only charging me from the 5th day of subscription, so that’s 6 days of free internet for me! 🙂
Maybe I’m lucky, maybe there are nags i’m about to find afterwards, but for now the ISOP charges me â‚¬15,- per month for their 20mb-max line. Too bad I’m too far away from the DSLAM to get that speed, and my modem is only showing about 8mbits of speed.
Oh well, we’ll see what happens if I reroute the cables inside our house.Â 😉
It being the first day of the new month always lets me reflect the previous month. A lot of stuff has happened in July, of which not all was good.
At this very moment though, the guy from the supplier is installing our lavabo and the previously mentioned accessories and he’s due to be done in a few hours.
I’m really eager to see what it’s like and how it fits in the small space that is our bathroom.
Luckily, I’ve been able to get past all Oracle-install issues and finally got DBXE, SoaSuite 10.1.3.3, JDev 10.1.3.3 and BAM 10.1.3.3 running one the very same box.
All is working well, and with 10.1.3.4 being released just a few days ago, I’m due to do some more installing and upgrading soon. I’ll post some hints and tips to do some tedious jobs when installing the software, as it nearly always fails to install properly on the first try. 😉
After a quiet period, the unexpected has happened: our lavabo has been delivered to our supplier!
TheY gave me a call a few minutes ago asking whether they could deliver it sometime this afternoon.
Yeah right, ‘some time’. It should be between 16:30 and 16:45, or else would it not be delivered before Friday afternoon. Out goes all flexibility…
I’ll be heading off from work early today, which is only a good thing as my Oracle-installation has been giving me nightmares the last few days.
I’m trying to get DBXE, Soa Suite and BAM on one machine working, which is kind of a pain in the proverbial butt.
After working frantically on the house to get it ‘livable’, we’ve decided to take it a little easier during weekdays. No more DIY’ing after work, just dedicated weekend-DIY. That’ll be good for our sleep at night, as we have more time on our hands to do other things, like watching television, cleaning up and looking after our bunnies & holiday sleep-over guinea-pig.
This weekend, there’s some lighting to attach to walls and ceilings, more cleaning up, and installing (digital) TV throughout the house. I’m already looking forward to having completed those tasks. 😉